Selective List of Books by Subject
This representative (but not comprehensive) list illustrates the range of subjects indexed by Weaver Indexing Service. Indexes to titles linked below can be viewed at Amazon.com by clicking 'Search Inside' and selecting 'index'. Copies of other indexes are available on request.
- Cardiac Anesthesia, 5th edition, edited by Joel A. Kaplan. W.B. Saunders, 2006.
- Obstetric Anesthesia and Uncommon Disorders, by D. R. Gambling and M. J. Douglas. W.B. Saunders, 1998.
- Ocular Anesthesia, by Scott Greenbaum. W.B. Saunders, 1997.
- The Audiogram Workbook, by Kristi Oeding, et al. Thieme, 2016.
- Art Therapy and Eating Disorders: the Self as Significant Form, by Mury Rabin. Columbia University Press, 2003.
- Conceptions of Giftedness, 2nd edition, ed. by Robert J. Sternberg and Janet E. Davidson. Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Contextual Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Chronic Pain, by Lance M. McCracken. IASP Press, 2005.
- Coparticipant Psychoanalysis: Toward a New Theory of Clinical Inquiry, by John Fiscalini. Columbia University Press, 2004.
- Forensic Mental Health Assessment; A Casebook, 2nd edition, edited by Kirk Heilbrun, et al. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- A Primer on Mental Disorders, by Thomas E. Allen, et al. Scarecrow Press, 2001.
- Alzheimer: The Life of a Physician and the Career of a Disease, by Konrad and Ulrike Maurer. Columbia University Press, 2003.
- George Gaylord Simpson, Paleontologist and Evolutionist, by Leo F. LaPorte. Columbia University Press, 2001.
- Living Legacies at Columbia, ed. by Wm. Theodore de Bary. Columbia University Press, 2006.
- 100,000 Hearts; a Surgeon’s Memoir, by Denton A. Cooley. Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin, 2012.
Business and Public Administration
- A+Marketing: Proven Tactics for Success, by Andrea T. Eliscu. Medical Group Management Assn, 2008.
- Calculated Risk: The Modern Entrepreneur’s Handbook, by Michael J. Palumbo. MJP Publications, 2016.
- Charting Market Sectors, by John J. Murphy. Marketplace Books, 2007.
- A Comparative History of Commerce and Industry, Vol. 1: Four Paths to an Industrialized World, by David E. McNabb. Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
- A Comparative History of Commerce and Industry, Vol. II: Converging Trends and the Future of the Global Market, by David E. McNabb. Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
- Corporate Quality Universities: Lessons in Building a World-Class Work Force, by Jeanne C. Meister. Richard D. Irwin, 1994.
- Family Business Compensation, 2nd ed., by Craig E. Arnoff, et al. Family Business Consulting Group, 2009.
- Essentials of Treasury Management, 5th ed. Association for Financial Professionals, 2016.
- Michigan Nonprofit Management Manual, 5th ed., edited by Marion Gorton. Michigan Nonprofit Assn., 2010.
- Option Volatility Trading Strategies, by Sheldon Natenberg. Marketplace Books, 2007.
- Strategies for Profiting on Every Trade: Simple Lessons for Mastering the Market, by Oliver Velez. Marketplace Books, 2007.
- Understanding and Managing Public Organizations, 3rd edition, by Hal G. Rainey. Jossey-Bass, 2003.
- Cardiothoracic Critical Care, by David Sidebotham, et al. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2007.
- Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapeutics, 3rd edition, edited by William H. Frishman and Domenic A. Sica.Cardiotext Publishing, 2011.
- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators; an Expert’s Manual, edited by Amin Al-Ahmad, et al. Cardiotext Publishing, 2010.
- Transcatheter Closure of ASDs and PFOs: A Comprehensive Assessment, by Siyad M. Hijazi, et al. Cardiotext Publishing,2010.
- Vascular Disease: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approaches, by Michael R. Jaff and Christopher J. White. Cardiotext Publishing, 2011.
Clinical and Research Medicine
- Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care, 2nd edition, by Joyce E. Dains, et al. Mosby, Inc., 2003.
- Clinical Oncology, ed. by R. E. Lenhard, Jr., et al. American Cancer Society, 2000.
- Cognitive Plasticity in Neurologic Disorders, ed. by Joseph I Tracy, et al. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- CRPS: Current Diagnosis and Therapy, ed. by Peter Wilson, et al. IASP Press, 2004.
- Emerging Strategies for the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain, ed. by James N. Campbell, et al. IASP Press, 2006.
- Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Pain, ed. by Thomas Graven-Nielsen, et al. IASP Press, 2008.
- Fundamental Neuroscience for Basic and Clinical Applications, 3rd edition, by Duane Haines. Churchill Livingstone, 2005.
- The Genetics of Pain, ed. by Jeffrey S. Mogil. IASP Press, 2004.
- Immune and Glial Regulation of Pain, ed. by. Joyce a. DeLeo, et al. IASP Press, 2007.
- Laboratory Exercises in Human Physiology, by William I Lutterschmidt and Deborah Lutterschmidt. McGraw-Hill, 2007.
- Mechanisms and Management of Pain for the Physical Therapist, edited. by Kathleen A. Sluka. IASP Press, 2009.
- Narrative, Pain, and Suffering, ed. by Daniel B. Carr, et al. IASP Press, 2005.
- Opioids and Pain Relief: A Historical Perspective, by Marcia L. Meldrum. IASP Press, 2003.
- Pain-Related Fear: Exposure-Based Treatment for Chronic Pain, ed. by Johan W.S. Vlaeyn, et al. IASP Press, 2012.
- Pain System in Normal and Pathological States, ed. by Luis Villanueva, et al. IASP Press, 2004.
- Paths of Pain 19752005, ed. by Harold Merskey, et al. IASP Press, 2005.
- Phase I Cancer Clinical Trials: A Practical Guide, 2nd ed., edited by Elizabeth A.Eisenhauer, et al. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Procedures for the Primary Care Practioner, 2nd edition, ed. by Marilyn W. Edmunds and Maron Stewart Mayhew. Mosby, Inc., 2002.
- Psychosocial Aspects of Pain, ed. by Robert H. Dworkin and William S. Breitbart. IASP Press, 2003.
- Renal Physiology: The Mosby Physiology Monograph Series, 4th edition, by Bruce M. Koeppen and Bruce A. Stanton. Mosby, 2006.
- Spinal Cord Injury Pain, ed. by R.P. Yezierski and K.J. Burchiel. IASP Press, 2002.
Consumer Health Information
- A.D.A.M. Illustrated Family Health Guide, 1st ed., by Alan Greene, et al. A.D.A.M., Inc., 2004.
- Coming to Terms with Cancer, by Edward H. Laughlin. American Cancer Society, 2001.
- Informed Decisions, 2nd ed, by Harmon Eyre, et al. American Cancer Society, 2001.
Ecology and environmentalism
- American Environmental Policy: Beyond Gridlock. Updated and Expanded Edition, by Christopher McGrory Klyza and David J. Sousa. MIT Press, 2013.
- An American River: From Paradise to Superfund, Afloat on New Jersey’s Passaic, by Mary Bruno. DeWitt Press, 2012
- The Compromise of Liberal Environmentalism, by Steven Bernstein. Columbia University Press, 2001.
- The Ecosystem Approach: Complexity, Uncertainty, and Managing for Sustainability, edited by David Waltner-Toews, James J. Kay, and Nina-Marie E. Lister. Columbia University Press, 2008.
- Human Impacts on Amazonia, edited by Darrell A. Posey and Michael J. Balick. Columbia University Press, 2006.
- The Inquisition of Climate Science, by James Lawrence Powell. Columbia University Press, 2011.
- Law, Values, and the Environment, by Robert N. Wells. Scarecrow Press, 1996.
- Nature, Aesthetics, and Environmentalism: From Beauty to Duty, edited by Allan Carlson and Sheila Lintott. Columbia University Press, 2008.
- Nature and Landscape: An Introduction to Environmental Aesthetics, by Allen Carlson. Columbia University Press, 2009
- Classroom Teaching Skills, 5th edition, by K. D. Moore. McGraw Hill, 2000.
- "Loex" of the West: Collaboration and Instructional Design in a Virtual Environment, ed. by K. Anderson. JAI Press, 1999.
- Despite the Best Intentions: How Racial Inequality Thrives in Good Schools, by Amanda Lewis and John Diamond. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Medical Education in East Asia: Past and Future, edited by Lincoln C. Chen, Michael R. Reich, and Jennifer Ryan. Indiana University Press, 2017.
- Your Curriculum Companion: The First Essential Guide to Teaching the EL Education K-5 Language Arts Curriculum, by Libby Woodfin and Susan Nathan Plaut. EL Education, 2017.
Exercise and Sports Medicine
- Anatomy of Movement, by Blandine Calais-Germain. Eastland Press, 1993.
- Beyond Brawn, by Stuart McRobert. CS Publishing, 1998.
- Build Muscle, Lose Fat, Look Great, by Stuart McRobert. CS Publishing, 2006.
- Exercise Physiology: Theory and Applications to Fitness and Performance, 5th ed., by Scott K. Powers and Edward T. Howley. McGraw-Hill, 2004.
- Further Brawn, by Stuart McRobert. CS Publishing, 2000.
- Insider's Tell-All Handbook of Weight Training Technique, by S. McRobert. CS Publishing, 1996.
- Exxon: Transforming Energy, 1973–2005, by Joseph E. Pratt with William E. Hale. Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin, 2013.
- The [European] Other in Medieval Arabic Literature and Culture, by Nizar F. Hermes. Palgrave-MacMillan, 2012.
- Made to Last: Historic Preservation in Seattle and King County, by L. Kreisman. University of Washington Press, 1999.
- The Métis of Senegal: Urban Life and Politics in French West Africa, by Hilary Jones. Indiana University Press, 2013.
- Securing the Commonwealth: Debt, Speculation, and Writing in the Making of Early America, by Jennifer J. Baker. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2005.
- The Authentic Voice: The Best Reporting on Race and Ethnicity, ed. by Arlene Notoro, et al. Columbia University Press, 2006.
Library and Information Sciences
- Using Benchmarking, Needs Assessment, Ouality Improvement, Outcome Measurement, and Library Standards, by Rosalind Farnam Dudden. Neal-Schuman, 2007.
Native American History and Culture
- Made in Mexico; Zapotec Weavers and the Global Ethnic Art Market, by W. Warner Wood. Indiana University Press, 2008.
- Native American Resurgence and Renewal, by Robert N. Wells. Scarecrow Press, 1994.
- Plural Sovereignties and Contemporary Indigenous Literature, by Stuart Christie. Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Spirit of the First People: Native American Music Traditions of Washington State, ed. by Willie Smyth and Esme Ryan. University of Washington Press, 1998.
- Two-Spirit People: Native American Gender Identity, Sexuality, and Spirituality, ed. by S. Jacobs, et al. University of Illinois Press, 1997.
- Handbook of Nurse Anesthesia, 2nd edition, ed. by J. J. Nagelhout and K. L. Zaglaniczny. W. B. Saunders, 2000.
- Just the Facts: A Pocket Guide to Basic Nursing, 3rd edition, by Veronica Peterson. Mosby, Inc., 2002.
- Learning Strategies in Nursing, 2d ed. by Marilyn Meltzer. W.B. Saunders, Inc., 1997.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- PROLOG: Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. American College of Obstetrics & Gynecoology, 2016.
- PROLOG: Gynecologic Oncology and Critical Care, 7th edition. American College of Obstetrics & Gynecoology, 2016.
- PROLOG: Gynecology and Surgery: Critique Book, 8th edition. American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2019.
- PROLOG: Patient Management in the Office, 7th edition. American College of Obstetrics & Gynecoology, 2017
Ophthalmology and Optometry
- Borish's Clinical Refraction, ed. by W.J. Benjamin, et al. W. B. Saunders, 1998.
- Clinical Decisions in Neuro-ophthalmology, 3rd edition, ed. by Ronald M. Burde, et al. Mosby, Inc., 2002.
- Neuro-Ophthalmology: The Practical Guide, by Leonard A. Levin and Anthony Arnold. Thieme Medical Publishers, 2005.
Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
- Acute and Procedure Pain in Infants and Children , ed. by G. A. Finley and P. J. McGrath. IASP Press, 2001.
- NASPGHAN Concise Review of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pathology and Nutrition, 2nd edition, edited by Christine Waasdorp Hurtado and B U.K. Li. NASPGHAN, 2016.
- Pediatric Clinical Skills, 3rd ed., edited by Richard B. Goldbloom. W.B. Saunders, 2002.
- Pediatric Pearls: The Handbook of Practical Pediatrics, 4th edition, ed. by Beryl J. Rosenstein et al. Mosby, Inc., 2002.
- Teens and Their Doctors; the Story of the Development of Adolescent Medicine, by Henry Berman and Hannah Dashefsky. Science History Publications, 2017.
- Beyond the Façade: Political Reform in the Arab World, edited by Marina Ottaway and Julia Choucair-Vizoso. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2008.
- Civil Society and Social Movements: Building Sustainable Democracies in Latin America, edited by Arthur Domike. Inter-Americatn Development Bank, 2008.
- Confronting the Weakest Link, by Thomas Carothers. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2006.
- Conversations with Gorbachev, by M. Gorbachev and Z. Mlynar. Columbia University Press, 2002.
- From Arab Nationalism to OPEC: Eisenhower, King Saud and the Making of U.S.–Saudi Relations, by Nathan J. Citino. Indiana University Press, 2002.
- Generals in the Cabinet Room: How the Military Shapes Israeli Policy, by Yoram Peri. United States Institute of Peace Press, 2006.
- Governing the Metropolis: Principles and Cases, by Eduardo Rojas, et al. Inter-American Development Bank, 2008.
- Hungry for Peace: International Security, Humanitarian Assistance, and Social Change in North Korea, by Hazel Smith. United States Institute of Peace Press, 2005.
- Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions, by Shahram Chubin. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2006.
- A Limited Partnership: the Politics of Religion, Welfare, and Social Science, by Bob Wineberg. Columbia University Press, 2000.
- The New Authoritarianism in the Middle East and North Africa, by Stephen J. King. Indiana University Press, 2009
- The Poetics of International Politics: Fact and Fiction in Narrative Representations of World Affairs, by Milan Babik. Routledge, 2019.
- Policymaking in Latin America: How Politics Shapes Policies, edited. by Ernesto Stein, et al. David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, 2008.
- The Politics of Anti-Westernism in Asia, by Cemil Aydin. Columbia University Press, 2007.
- Post-Stabilization Politics in Latin America, ed. by Carol Wise and Riordan Roett. Brookings Institution, 2003.
- Putin’s Russia, revised and expanded edition, by Lilia Shevtsova. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2005.
- Reckoning: Vietnam and America’s Cold War Experience, 1945–1991, by Neal F. Thompson. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Amazon Digital Services), 2013.
- Statecraft and Salvation: Wilsonian Liberal Internationalism as Secularized Eschatology, by Milan Babik. Baylor University Press, 2013.
- Terror on the Internet; the New Arena, the New Challenges, by Gabriel Weimann. United States Institute of Peace Press, 2006.
- Truth Commissions: Memory, Power, and Legitimacy, by Onur Bakiner. University of Pennsylvania Press, 2016.
- Women as Weapons of War; Iraq, Sex, and the Media, by Kelly Oliver. Columbia University Press, 2007.
- The World of Protracted Conflicts, by Michael Brecher. Lexington Press, 2016.
Popular Culture and Mass Media
- Camera Historica: The Century in Cinema, by Antoine de Baecque. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- Circuits of Culture: Media, Politics, and Indigenous Identity in the Andes, by Jeff D. Himpele. University of Minnesota Press, 2007.
- Comfort and Glory: Two Centuries of Quilts from the Briscoe Center, by Katherine J. Adams. University of Texas at Austin, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, 2016.
- Designing Women: Cinema, Art Deco and the Female Form, by Lucy Fischer. Columbia University Press, 2003.
- Electric Sounds: Technological Change and the Rise of Corporate Mass Media, by Steve J. Wurtzler. Columbia University Press, 2007.
- Legitimating Television: Media Convergence and Cultural Status, by Michael Z. Newman and Elana Levine. Routledge, 2012.
- Indie: An American Film Culture, by Michael Z. Newman. Columbia University Press, 2011.
- The New Yorker Theater, and Other Scenes from a Life at the Movies, by Toby Talbot. Columbia University Press, 2009.
- Taiwan Film Directors: A Treasure Island, by Emiklie Yuen-yu Yeh and Darrell William Davis. Columbia University Press, 2005.
- Weimar Cinema: An Essential Guide to Classic Films of the Era, edited by Noah Isenberg. Columbia University Press, 2009.
- Epidemiologic Methods; Studying the Occurrence of Illness, 2nd ed., by Noel S. Weiss and Thomas D. Koepsell. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Medical Transitions in Twentieth-Century China, edited by Bridie Andrews and Mary Brown Bullock. Indiana University Press, 2014.
- The Public Health Response to 2009 H1N1: A Systems Perspective, edited by Michael A. Stoto and Melissa A. Higdon. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Social Epidemiology: Strategies for Public Health Activism, by Julie Cwikel. Columbia University Press, 2006.
- Communication and Information Management in Radiology, 2nd edition, ed. by Terry A. Dowd and Wayne Stockburger. American Healthcare Radiology Administrators, 2015.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Emergency, by R. Brooke Jeffrey. Amirsys, Inc., 2007.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Gynecology, by Hedvig Hricak. Amirsys, Inc., 2007.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Ultrasound, by Anil T. Ahuja, et al. Amirsys, Inc., 2007.
- Expert DDx: Abdomen, by Michael P. Federle. Amirsys/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- Expert DDx: Brain and Spine, by Anne G. Osborn, et al. Amirsys/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- Expert DDx: Chest, by Eric J. Stern, et al. Amirsys/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010.
- Expert DDx: Head and Neck, by H. Ric Harnsberger, et al. Amirsys/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- Financial Management in Radiology, ed. by Sheila M. Sferrella, et al. American Healthcare Radiology Administrators, 2005.
- Genitourinary Radiology Cases, by Rupan Sanyal and Mark E. Lockhart. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Human Resource Management in Radiology, 2d ed. American Healthcare Radiology Administrators, 2016.
- Specialty Imaging: Breast MRI: A Comprehensive Imaging Guide, by Sughra Raza, et. al. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- The Art of Livelihood: Creating Expressive Agri-Culture in Rural Mali, by Stephen R. Wooten. Carolina Academic Press, 2009.
- Boys Don’t Cry? Rethinking Narratives of Masculinity and Emotion in the U.S,, ed. by Jennifer Travis and Milette Shamir. Columbia University Press, 2001.
- Critical Race Narratives; A Study of Race, Rhetoric, and Injury, by Carl Gutiérrez-Jones. NY University Press, 2001.
- Cuba’s Racial Crucible: The Sexual Economy of Social Identities, 1750-2000,by Karen Y. Morrison. Indiana University Press, 2015.
- Decolonial Voices: Chicana and Chicano Cultural Studies in the 21st Century, ed. by Arturo J. Aldama and Naomi H. Quiñonez. Indiana University Press, 2002.
- From Partners to Parents, by June Carbone. Columbia University Press, 2000.
- Human Error: Species Being and Media-Machines, by Dominic Pettman. University of Minnesota Press, 2011.
- Love to Hate; Americas Obsession with Hatred and Violence, by Jody Roy. Columbia University Press, 2002.
- Mother is Gold, Father is Glass, by Lorelle D. Semley. Columbia University Press, 2010.
- Murderous Methods: Using Forensic Science to Solve Lethal Crimes, by Mark Benecke. Columbia University Press, 2005.
- Philanthropy for Health in China, edited by Jennifer Ryan, et al. Indiana University Press, 2014.
- The Psychology of Citizenship and Civic Engagement, by S. Mark Pancer. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Restructuring Welfare Organizations in Europe: From Politics to Good Management?, by Paola Mattei. Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Roads and Ruins; the symbolic landscape of fascist Rome, by Paul Baxa. University of Toronto Press, 2010.
- Runaways: How the Sixties Counterculture Shaped Today’s Practices and Policies, by Karen M. Staller. Columbia University Press, 2006.
- Violence and the Body, ed. by Arturo J. Aldama. Indiana University Press, 2003.
- The Violet Hour; The Violet Quill and the Making of Gay Culture, by David Bergman. Columbia University Press, 2004.
- What it Means to be Daddy; Fatherhood for Black Men Living Away from their Children, by Jennifer Hamer. Columbia University Press, 2000.
- Anatomic Approach to Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, 2nd edition, ed. by Mick J. Perez-Cruet. Thieme, 2018.
- Neck Dissection, by Brendan Stack Jr. and Mauricio Moreno. Thieme, 2018.
- Surgical Approaches to the Spine, by Todd J. Albert. W.B. Saunders, 1997.
- Surgical Management of Obesity, by Henry Buchwald, et al. W.B. Saunders, 2006.